Bvg de stadtplan

 

Bvg de stadtplan

Berlin-Wannsee station (in German Bahnhof Berlin-Wannsee ) is a railway station opened in 1874 which lies in the Wannsee district of Berlin , the capital city of Germany . It is an important traffic junction in south-west Berlin that is served by the RegionalExpress and RegionalBahn trains of the Deutsche Bahn , the Harz-Berlin-Express of Veolia Verkehr and by the Berlin S-Bahn . In summer, Wannsee serves as the Berlin terminal for DB AutoZug car carrying trains to and from southern Europe .

On 13 August 1961, with the construction of Berlin Wall , S-Bahn traffic from Stahnsdorf and Potsdam has been discontinued. The only occurrence is that there is only Potsdam-Griebnitzsee shuttle until it was discontinued in 1962. Residents commute only to East Berlin via the longer Berlin outer ring from Potsdam through regional express trains, and the only trains running on the Berlin–Magdeburg railway is transit traffic from the West Berlin via the GDR to West Germany and other countries.

Later on, after the fall of Berlin Wall, the line has been re-connected to Potsdam again. Reconstruction began in April 1991 and was completed in 1 April 1992. Between the fall of Berlin Wall and 1 April 1992, Potsdam was connected through the fastest way via Griebnitzsee to interchange at Wannsee, besides transit traffic. S1 was temporarily extended from Wannsee to Potsdam Stadt from 2003 to 2006.